A load cell is an electronic device that is used to convert a force into an electrical signal. This conversion is indirect and happens in stages. Load cells are technically known as “precision electronic force measurement units.” Dak load cells are designed to meet or exceed ASTM E-83, BS 3846, ISO 9513 and EN 10002-4 standard’s requirements along with the operation requirements of the Dak testing machines. The specific function of the load cell is to precisely measure the amount of force (load) applied to the specimen being tested. The unit is also compatible with any of Dak readout or data acquisition systems. Dak offers a variety of load cells designed to fit any testing need.
Each load cell is constructed of the highest quality materials with applied, permanently bonded and seal strain gages to measure force in one of three categories: tension only, compression only, or both tension and compression. Standard load cell capacities range from 0.05 kN to 600kN; load cells below 20kN are S-type and otherwise Low Profile Universal (LPU, Pan Cake). All Dak load cells are equipped with automatic overload protection, and are self-identifiable with non-changing coding memory in the respective connecting plugs. They also contain all the relevant calibration, limit parameters etc. Calibration of theses sensors is completely digital i.e. no presets or trim pots used (normally used) hence no effect of voltage or temperature variation.
0.05kN to 600 kN
- Higher load accuracy range
- Increased data rate
- Improved speed accuracy
- Wider speed range
- Increased crosshead travel
- Integrated Ethernet interface
- Up to four-transducer control channels can be integrated into the console.
- Self-identification and Digital Auto Calibration facility.
- Accuracy +/- 0.005% of its full capacity. (+/- 0.5% down to 1/100th of its capacity)
- Self-identification & Digital Auto Calibration facility
- Accuracy: 0.02% of its full capacity. (+/- 0.5% down to 1/100th of its capacity.)